These questions are answered on the CHIP website: https://tchp.us/apply/do-i-qualify
Who can qualify?
To qualify, a child must be:
- Age 18 or younger (Children up to age 20 may be able to get Medicaid in some cases).
- A pregnant woman of any age can apply for CHIP perinatal services or Medicaid for her unborn child.
- A Texas resident. uA U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
Who can apply?
- Any adult who lives more than half the time with an uninsured child may apply. This includes parents, stepparents, grandparents, other relatives, legal guardians, or adult brothers or sisters.
- Anyone age 19 or younger who lives on their own can apply.
- A pregnant woman of any age.